Thanksgiving is a time for family and friends. It is also a time for everyone to reflect on all the things in their life that they are thankful for. As you continue to bask in that glow I would like you to consider whether you can make other people’s lives a little brighter. The Well Spring of Blessings is joining other non-profit organizations in celebrating “Giving Tuesday!”
Giving Tuesday is celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. Following the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on the holiday and end-of-year giving. Since its inaugural year in 2012, #GivingTueday has become a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy by a growing number of non-profit organizations. In 2017, the Well Spring of Blessings now joins that list.
his is also a critical time for our support to the building of the Secondary School in Buhessi Uganda. With two school buildings complete and the administration building is nearing completion. We need $5000 to complete the exterior of the administration building and another $2500 to complete the interior finishing the interior for all the buildings. The village plans to open the school in late Feb. In preparation for the school to open the school board and villagers are doing everything necessary to prepare for the children to walk through the door. Here is some of the things on their to-do list
- Start making furniture for the school by December 1st
- Announce the beginning of the school in villages, churches, and over the radio.
- Meet the district education officer and the inspector of schools to seek license for the school
- Build a temporary kitchen and the store for the school
- Get the district education officer and the inspector of schools to interview potential teachers
- Erect three signposts of the school in three positions immediately
- Immediately advertise the headteacher,bursar,secretary jobs for the school
- Go from house to house in the village seeking contributions towards school supplies
- Rush the completion of building a big tank to harvest rain water for the school
Picture 1 Picture 2
Picture 1: Buheesi villagers gather to discuss the new school
Picture 2: One of the school room buildings ready for students
Picture 3: The administration building under construction
Please go to our Well Spring of Blessings Website to see some of the previous blogs. https://wellspringofblessings.com/ and to access the PayPal Link to participate in #GivingTuesday
Consider establishing a new tradition in your family. #GivingTuesday gives you the opportunity to share your blessings with others. I hope the “others” for 2017 will be the students preparing to go to opening day of the Buheesi Secondary School in Feb 2018.